As a health and wellness professional, you are your own brand. You hustle to keep your business busy and to keep your client base growing. As a business, your website needs to represent you well. Ask yourself: “If I was looking for a fitness professional, would this website grab my attention, give me a positive opinion of the professional, provide me with something of value?” If you can’t answer yes to those questions, it’s time to make some changes.
Here are our top 7 ways to clean up your website:
- Make sure it is mobile friendly. More and more visitors are viewing your site on their phones. If you haven’t checked out how it looks on both an iPhone and an android device – check it out now and see if anything needs to be reformatted.
- Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and clearly displayed. If a site visitor needs to search in order to contact you – they won’t. It is best to offer a phone number and an electronic means to contact you as well…list your email, text or a contact form for potential clients to contact you in a way that is comfortable for them.
- Simplify. Today’s site visitors want clean and simple designs. You can simplify by: combining navigation items that don’t need their own links, removing excess or repetitive wording, getting rid of cluttered background images and leaving plenty of white space.
- Add a testimonial page. Nothing speaks to potential clients like the success of current clients. Ask your clients for a short and simple testimonial and a few photos. This is one area where old photos are allowed! Sharing before and after pics is a powerful way to show a visitor how you can help them.
- Write a blog. You have a ton of knowledge about health and wellness. Potential clients are looking for information. Do you see how this can work out? If your website offers something of value, visitors will come back. Plus every time you write a new blog post, you can share it via social media or an email list which sends visitors to your website which increases your ranking in organic searches (it’s much more complex than this, but trust us, a blog will help your ranking).
- Upgrade your website photos. If you are using snapshots, cropped photos, old pictures or something that just doesn’t represent you as the amazing professional that you are, then you need to invest in a good photographer. This is one way to change the entire look of your website.
- Make sure your site is search engine optimized. Search engines (like Google) look for certain characteristics when displaying the results of a client’s search. Improve your SEO ranking by: having the text on your site include to the keywords that you want to rank for (blogs are great for this too), making sure your site has a fast loading speed, including interactions with more established websites.
Making a few simple changes will make a huge difference to visitors experience on your website. Wow your site visitors with impressive photos, clean design and helpful information in order to turn them into clients.
If all of this sounds great, but you don’t know where to start, we can help.
Learn more about our website services!