With social media, you can achieve many goals. If it’s content marketing, social selling or supporting your clients by answering their questions, social media is the ideal and accessible way to reach out to your target audience and grow your fitness and lifestyle brand.
The challenge with social media marketing is to keep consistency across the different channels you use. Especially with so much competition out there, it can be tricky to be unique but also recognizable on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The best method for creating consistency across the different social media channels is to brand your posts. That way people will instantly recognize where the post is coming from, whether they see it on Instagram or read it on Twitter.
We have listed 5 tips to help you out with branding your social media posts:
1. Create a Social Media Style Guide
This tip can be seen as an overarching must-have for the other tips to follow. This style guide is your go-to source in which you describe how your brand presents and interacts on social media. In this style guide, you describe the brand colors, the tone & voice, the way the logo can be used and other visual guidelines. Needless to say, even if it’s called a guide, treat it as an ever-evolving and changing document. It’s social media after all, and everything changes rapidly on it! The following 4 tips are topics which should be covered in your style guide:
2. Choose your color palette
At first thought, a color scheme might be not such big a deal on social media. But think again; it might be key if you want to achieve cohesiveness of your brand’s presence on social media. Consider your company colors and the style of your logo. Now select your main colors and use it consistently in the images that you post.
3. Choose your filters wisely
This one is especially important for your photo posts. Instagram alone offers around 24 filters. Which one do you choose? Well, it doesn’t really matter which filter is selected. It’s entirely up to your own taste. What is important to do, however; pick one or two filters and stick with them for all your posts. This helps to create a smooth and eye-catching view of your photos that people will associate with your brand.
4. Keep power over your logo
Your content is online recognizable mainly due to the smart usage of your logo. What is smart usage? Being consistent and strategic when and where you place it. In your style guide, you have to be very clear how this is done. Define how you want to use your logo on photos and videos by answering these questions:
- What are the dimensional parameters for the placement of a logo?
- Are there several versions of your logo available? Which ones should be used in videos and/or photos?
- What size should the logo have when it’s placed in photos and videos?
- How close to the edges of the photo or video should the logo be?
5. Be fond of your fonts
Fonts have a major role in brand recognition. It’s important to use the same font throughout different social media channels. Of course, you can’t select which font is used on Facebook or Instagram itself, but you can choose which font you use on your photos and videos. Once you have your font selected, make sure you are very clear in your style guide how it should be applied. Which size should it have, how big are headings and which colors are used are just a few of the important parameters that should be considered.
Branding your social media posts: easy and fun
Once you have set-up your social media style guide, it’s a matter of implementing it. This part is actually not so hard. You have defined all the tough decisions beforehand after al
As a health and wellness professional, you are your own brand. You hustle to keep your business busy and to keep your client base growing. As a business, your website needs to represent you well. Ask yourself: “If I was looking for a fitness professional, would this website grab my attention, give me a positive opinion of the professional, provide me with something of value?” If you can’t answer yes to those questions, it’s time to make some changes.
Here are our top 7 ways to clean up your website:
- Make sure it is mobile friendly. More and more visitors are viewing your site on their phones. If you haven’t checked out how it looks on both an iPhone and an android device – check it out now and see if anything needs to be reformatted.
- Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and clearly displayed. If a site visitor needs to search in order to contact you – they won’t. It is best to offer a phone number and an electronic means to contact you as well…list your email, text or a contact form for potential clients to contact you in a way that is comfortable for them.
- Simplify. Today’s site visitors want clean and simple designs. You can simplify by: combining navigation items that don’t need their own links, removing excess or repetitive wording, getting rid of cluttered background images and leaving plenty of white space.
- Add a testimonial page. Nothing speaks to potential clients like the success of current clients. Ask your clients for a short and simple testimonial and a few photos. This is one area where old photos are allowed! Sharing before and after pics is a powerful way to show a visitor how you can help them.
- Write a blog. You have a ton of knowledge about health and wellness. Potential clients are looking for information. Do you see how this can work out? If your website offers something of value, visitors will come back. Plus every time you write a new blog post, you can share it via social media or an email list which sends visitors to your website which increases your ranking in organic searches (it’s much more complex than this, but trust us, a blog will help your ranking).
- Upgrade your website photos. If you are using snapshots, cropped photos, old pictures or something that just doesn’t represent you as the amazing professional that you are, then you need to invest in a good photographer. This is one way to change the entire look of your website.
- Make sure your site is search engine optimized. Search engines (like Google) look for certain characteristics when displaying the results of a client’s search. Improve your SEO ranking by: having the text on your site include to the keywords that you want to rank for (blogs are great for this too), making sure your site has a fast loading speed, including interactions with more established websites.
Making a few simple changes will make a huge difference to visitors experience on your website. Wow your site visitors with impressive photos, clean design and helpful information in order to turn them into clients.
If all of this sounds great, but you don’t know where to start, we can help.
Learn more about our website services!
As a fitness professional, you have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with the world. Blogging is the perfect way to do this. And by writing a fitness blog, you are also actively promoting your fitness brand. To help you get started we have made a list of ten fitness blog post topics. Time to write!
1. Supplements, do you need them or not?
Lots of people are interested in supplements but have no clue where to start. There is so much information on this topic available online that it can be overwhelming. Give your advice and be very clear about it. It will definitely be appreciated by your readers.
2. What do you do when you lack motivation for working out?
This is one of those typical issues everybody who goes to a gym struggles with now and then. You can make an entire series of blog posts on this topic and give small bits of advice in each post. Try to be original though, because there are a lot of answers to these questions available and you want yours to stand out.
3. Share a personal story
The goal of your blog is to engage your readers and telling personal stories is a great method to connect. Tell your readers about your ideas on fitness, share your approach to training, or write down the story about your first steps in the industry.
4. Go in-depth on functional training
It can never harm to follow the hype now and then. Functional training has existed for years, but somehow it has become quite a buzz these days. No problem, you can give your two cents on this topic as well.
5. Workout tips for when you are traveling
Blogs with pieces of advice are popular. You can choose all sorts of situations which diverge from ‘normal’ life and give it a spin. Why not “fitness for new parents” or “workout ideas for after your break-up” or “working out when you are traveling?” Your goal is to trigger people and let them know that you are there for them with your knowledge.
6. Your most embarrassing gym moments
This blog doesn’t even have to be about yourself. You can even gather some of these moments among your followers. Everybody loves to read about other people making a fool out of themselves. Especially since most of us feel quite vulnerable in the gym. These kinds of blogs are meant for laughing, but it’s important you always conclude on a motivational tone.
7. Bad food and why it tastes so good
Nutrition should be a part of your blogs as well. Give your best advice, or even invite a guest blogger to write a well-researched article with concise and easy to implement nutritional advice.
8. The exercise that’s a challenge for you.
People tend to view fitness professionals as if they have it all together. But it is actually refreshing to show that you are also a human who struggles to perform some exercises.
9. Easy workouts for in the house
As we mentioned before; advice blogs work really well. Especially when they tackle a very practical and everyday challenge most people face in their lives. Like finding a place and a time to do a workout.
10. Muscle building mistakes most people make
Combining a popular topic (‘muscle building’) with ‘mistakes’ or ‘problems’ will immediately draw the attention of your readers. Make sure the information you provide is accurate and easy to understand!
With these 10 ideas, it shouldn’t be difficult for you to get started on your fitness blog. Good luck!
A healthy lifestyle can be summarised as a number of healthy habits which are incorporated into your daily life. The trick is to consciously integrate as many healthy habits in your current lifestyle as possible. Often these are just small changes, which will, in the end, make a big difference in your overall health. In this article, we share 8 small adjustments which will help you to create lasting habits for a healthy lifestyle.
Some of these adjustments are very obvious, however often people forget about them or just can’t be bothered to implement them. With just a little bit of extra effort, you will be able to get that healthy lifestyle that you have desired for so long!
How to start?
Integrate every week one of the below adjustments. A week is exactly the right amount of time to get used to a small change. The best news? After two months you have implemented a whole set of lasting habits which will improve your overall health.
8 lasting habits for a healthy lifestyle
- Eat 1 banana every day. Bananas are very beneficial for your gut health. Next to that, they contain the mineral potassium which can help you when you suffer from high blood pressure. Research shows that a diet containing sufficient potassium is important to prevent heart and vascular diseases.
- Do you spend a lot of time in a car? Lots of people suffer from back pain when they drive often. A good trick to prevent this is to aim your rearview mirror a little bit too high. You will have to move your back up when you look in the mirror. This stretches your back slightly and helps reducing or even preventing back pain! Of course, keep it safe and make sure your mirror is not aimed too high for you to be able to look in it at all.
- Reduce your caffeine intake. One to two cups of coffee per day is considered OK. It’s even better to replace coffee with green tea which is full of antioxidants.
- Feeling stressed and tired? Time to hit the gym more often. When you exercise a whole cocktail of hormones is released in your body. These help you with feeling happier and less stressed.
- The benefits of a good night sleep are numerous. Eat some cherries before you go to sleep. Cherries contain substances which make it easier to relax and fall asleep. Turning off any screens at least one hour before bedtime also improves the quality of your sleep.
- Increase the strength of your abs. Stronger abdominal muscles greatly support your back muscles, reducing the risk of back pain. 25 crunches every morning is not hard to do and will take you max 1 minute.
- Some people love it, some people hate it. But the health benefits of regularly eating oily fish can’t be denied. Your body needs the unsaturated fats to function well. Try to eat oily fish at least two times per week. If preferred you can add a daily Omega-3 supplement.
- Always eat a healthy and well-balanced breakfast. When you eat well in the morning you will feel fit the rest of the day. By eating breakfast you also remove the urge to start snacking halfway during the morning. Win-win!
As you can see all these tips are not difficult or take a lot of time to implement. All you need is the dedication and a bit of discipline. But then they will make a big difference for your overall health!