With the rise of social media, many fitness professionals are questioning the need for a website. Social media is great, and when used well it can be an incredible tool for your business. There are currently 2.5 billion social media users and it is a great way to connect with current and potential clients. We believe that using social media is one of the best ways to market yourself and your business. But there are things that a website can provide that you shouldn’t overlook.
- People still use Google to Search for Services.
You don’t want your business to miss out on the opportunity to reach those customers because you don’t have a website. And you don’t want potential business to go to your competitors because you couldn’t be found online. (In order to rank well, you will need good SEO, proper tagging and to provide dynamic content. We will talk more about this in future articles).
- Those same people are doing their research. In fact, 70% of consumers are looking online for LOCAL businesses. So even if you are only looking to reach clients in your area, a website is a must-have tool.
- Having a website creates Instant Credibility. We know that you are great at what you do, but potential customers don’t (yet). A well-designed website with good content will give you a professional presence online – before you have a chance to make a personal impression.
- A website is a great place to Show Off Your Work. Putting up photos of your clients, awards, competitions, etc will let potential clients know what you can do. Posting these accomplishments on social media is great, but having them on your website where they can be seen constantly is a good marketing strategy.
- Blogging. What better way to create great content about a topic that you are an expert in than by blogging about it? You can then share your content on social media platforms.
- A website is a great way to Gather Customer Information. By creating a simple form you can gather names and email addresses of your customers you can send out updates and offers for your products and services. A great way to do this is to give away a free resource which will also add to your credibility.
- Create a Multi-Faceted Marketing Strategy. You shouldn’t rely on just one platform to promote your business. Social Media, Your Website, Business Cards and Print Material are all part of a well-rounded strategy that will help you reach more clients.
Do you think that a website is a necessity? Or do you think that a fitness business can thrive with just social media? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below…
Keep Pursuing Your Greatness!
PS. If you are convinced that you need a website, but don’t know where to start, contact us and we will be happy to give you a free consultation to either create a brand new website or work to improve your current one.
PPS. If you are in need of hosting, domains or email accounts, we use and recommend www.atariahost.com